Find ultimate collection of quotes by Marvelous Marvin Hagler who was the third greatest middleweight of all time and also names as 17th greatest fighter of the past 80 years in 2002.
Marvelous Marvin Hagler Quotes on Boxing
- If they cut my bald head open, they will find one big boxing glove. That’s all I am. I live it.
- The only difference between street fighting and boxing is there a ref there from stopping me from killing you
- There are a lot of things and in order to be at the top and maintain your focus you have to have something that motivates you. For me, it was what I perceived as a lack of respect from the boxing world as well as the media, which made me want to work so hard and be great.
Marvelous Marvin Hagler Quotes on Champion
- People still look at me as the champion and that’s very important to me.
- A champion shows who he is by what he does when he’s tested. When a person gets up and says ‘I can still do it’, he’s a champion.
- The situation right after the fight wasn’t too good; I believe I’m still the only champion in the world who never received the belt inside the ring once you’ve won the title. I held that against the English fans for a long time but I felt that also motivated me.
Marvelous Marvin Hagler Quotes on Fighting
- I am a fighter who walks, talks and thinks fighting but I try not to look like it
- Oh yeah, I mean every fighter has got be dedicated, learn how to sacrifice, know what the devotion is all about, make sure you’re paying attention and studying your art.
- In some ways that fight gave me more respect around the world and helped me be even more popular because so many people felt my pain and saw that I was robbed.
- Even though the outcome wasn’t the way it should have been, publicly I still feel in my heart I won the Sugar Ray Leonard fight.
- You know looking back on it now I used the fight and after the fight as motivation, to make sure I was going to be the best middleweight in the world for a long time.
- You know, I think I had a great career; there’s not much I think I’d do different other than get a title shot much earlier. I didn’t get one till 49 or 50 fights into my career.
- When you knock people out, it’s sometimes a very scary situation – but I always hoped that no one got seriously hurt. Now when I see them get knocked out, I laugh. When you finish the game, it’s funny. And when I look at film of myself, I think, ‘I wouldn’t fight that guy.’
- Whether Pacquiao loses in the first round, whether he knocks out Mayweather in the first round, it’s still going to be the biggest fight in history,
- Some fighters know when to stop on their own and go on to something else, and then some fighters have nothing to go back to after they are finished. Some fighters still have the burning fire and feel that they just need to try one more time. Few can do it.
Marvelous Marvin Hagler Popular Quotes
- I like to see the smiles on people’s faces when I show them I can do the impossible.
- Don’t doubt me, because that’s when I get stronger….
- It’s tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5 am when you’ve been sleeping in silk pajamas
- Nothing can intimidate me. I just go out and destruct and destroy….
- Well, you can’t trust most people in this game, period; it can be a very shady business.
Marvelous Marvin Hagler Motivational Quotes
- It’s hard to get up at 6am when you’re wearing silk pyjamas.
- When a man goes into the ring, he’s going to war….
- I tried my best to ensure I kept the respect for the middleweight division in the tradition of Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake La Motta.
- Sitting here now today, I can forgive a lot of the English people because it only takes a hand full of bad people to do something stupid like that and it can make the whole country look bad.
- I started out doing commercials, like Diet Coke and Pizza Hut. And I started to find there was a different life for me, in a different field. From there, I got a call from a director in Italy, and we did ‘Indio’ I and II, and that’s where it started.