12th richest person in the world Larry Page most inspiring quotes & sayings.
Larry Page Quotes on Business
- If we are not trusted, we have no business.
- If your business is static, you’re likely to have issues.
- Many leaders of big organizations, I think, don’t believe that change is possible. But if you look at history, things do change, and if your business is static, you’re likely to have issues.
Larry Page Quotes on Company
- You treat people with respect, they tend to return the favor to the company.
- You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.
- There are basically no companies that have good slow decisions. There are only companies that have good fast decisions.
- Big companies have always needed and cooperated in areas where it made sense.
- If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach.
- For a lot of companies, it’s useful for them to feel like they have an obvious competitor and to rally around that. I personally believe it’s better to shoot higher. You don’t want to be looking at your competitors. You want to be looking at what’s possible and how to make the world better.
- How exciting is it to come to work if the best you can do is trounce some other company that does roughly the same thing?
- You have to combine both things: invention and innovation focus, plus the company that can commercialize things and get them to people.
- If you can run the company a bit more collaboratively, you get a better result, because you have more bandwidth and checking and balancing going on.
- Lots of companies don’t succeed over time. What do they fundamentally do wrong? They usually miss the future.
- My grandfather was an autoworker, and I have a weapon he manufactured to protect himself from the company that he would carry to work. It’s a big iron pipe with a hunk of lead on the head. I think about how far we’ve come as companies from those days, where workers had to protect themselves from the company.
- Every story I read about Google is about us vs some other company, or something else, and I really don’t find that interesting. We should be building great things that don’t exist. Being negative is not how we make progress.
Larry Page Quotes on Google
- I have over 2 million followers now on Google Plus.
- You may think using Google’s great, but I still think it’s terrible.
- We try to, when you come to Google, fulfill that need that you have as quickly as possible.
- Google will fulfill its mission only when its search engine is AI-complete. You guys know what that means? That’s artificial intelligence.
- As we transition from one screen to multiscreens, Google has enormous opportunities to innovate and drive ever higher monetization. Just like Search in 2000.
- Artificial intelligence would be the ultimate version of Google. The ultimate search engine that would understand everything on the Web. It would understand exactly what you wanted, and it would give you the right thing. We’re nowhere near doing that now. However, we can get incrementally closer to that, and that is basically what we work on.
- We understand the need to balance our short- and longer-term needs because our revenue is the engine that funds all our innovation. But over time, our emerging high-usage products will likely generate significant new revenue streams for Google as well as for our partners, just as search does today.
Larry Page Quotes on Work
- Technology should do the hard work so people can do the things that make them the happiest in life.
- It’s very hard to fail completely, if you aim high enough.
- Always work hard on something uncomfortably exciting
- Technology should do the hard work, so you can get on and live your life. We’re only at one percent of what’s possible, and we’re moving slow relative to the opportunity we have.
- Excellence matters, and technology advances so fast that the potential for improvement is tremendous. So, since becoming CEO again, I’ve pushed hard to increase our velocity, improve our execution, and focus on the big bets that will make a difference in the world.
- Most of us carry at least one device, all the time, every day. In fact many of us would feel naked without our smartphone. It’s hardly surprising mobile search queries – and mobile commerce – are growing dramatically across the world.
Larry Page Quotes on Employees
- Small groups of people can have a really huge impact.
- It really matters whether people are working on generating clean energy or improving transportation or making the Internet work better and all those things. And small groups of people can have a really huge impact.
- If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning.
- Being negative is not how we make progress, and the most important things are not zero sum,
- If you look at the people who have high impact, they have pretty general knowledge. They don’t have a really narrowly focused education.
Google Founder Larry Page Quotes
- You can be serious without a suit
- You never lose a dream, it just incubates as a hobby.
- We have always believed that it’s possible to make money without being evil.
- If you’re not doing some things that are crazy, then you’re doing the wrong things.
- It is often easier to make progress on mega-ambitious dreams. … Since no one else is crazy enough to do it, you have little competition.
- Find the leverage in the world so you can be truly lazy.
- You need to get one thing done well, or else you don’t have permission to do anything else.
- You can try to control people, or you can try to have a system that represents reality. I find that knowing what’s really happening is more important than trying to control people.
- I really like using my Samsung (005930:KS) tablet. I previously used the Motorola Xoom for a while and liked that.
- I have a simple algorithm, which is, wherever you see paid researchers instead of grad students, that’s not where you want to be doing research.
- The moments that we have with friends and family, the chances that we have to make a big difference in the world or even to make a small difference to the ones we love, all those wonderful chances that life gives us, life also takes away. It can happen fast and a whole lot sooner than you think.
- Optimism is important. You have to be a little silly about the goals you are going to set. There is a phrase I learned in college called, ‘having a healthy disregard for the impossible.’ That is a really good phrase. You should try to do things that most people would not do.
Google CEO Larry Page Quotes
- I feel like my job as CEO is always to be pushing people ahead.
- We should be building great things that don’t exist
- Especially in technology, we need revolutionary change, not incremental change.
- Almost everyone who has had an idea that’s somewhat revolutionary or wildly successful was first told they’re insane.
- The ultimate search engine… would understand exactly what you mean and give back exactly what you want.
- We don’t have as many managers as we should, but we would rather have too few than too many.
- Basically, our goal is to organize the world’s information and to make it universally accessible and useful.
- Don’t be evil- apparently people like it better than “Be good”.
- I like going to Burning Man, for example. An environment where people can try new things. I think as technologists we should have some safe places where we can try out new things and figure out the effect on society. What’s the effect on people, without having to deploy it to the whole world.
- You’re probably on the right track if you feel like a sidewalk worm during a rainstorm.
- You’re going to have some very amazing capabilities in the economy. When we have computers that can do more and more jobs, it’s going to change how we think about work. There’s no way around that. You can’t wish it away.
- Computing is kind of a mess. Your computer doesn’t know where you are. It doesn’t know what you’re doing. It doesn’t know what you know.
- The “Be good” concept also comes up when we design our products. We want them to have positive social effects.
Larry Page Famous Quotes
- One of our big goals in search is to make search that really understands exactly what you want, understands everything in the world. As computer scientists, we call that artificial intelligence.
- We really care about our brand. We really want it to stand for high quality. We want people to be excited about it, for it to be fun.
- Anything you can imagine probably is doable, you just have to imagine it and work on it.
- The ultimate search engine would basically understand everything in the world, and it would always give you the right thing. And we’re a long, long ways from that.
- I remember turning in my first assignment in elementary school using the computer and the teachers were kind of confused that I had printed it.
- For me, privacy and security are really important. We think about it in terms of both: You can’t have privacy without security.
- The Web is a vast collection of completely uncontrolled heterogeneous documents.
- Our mission is to organize the world’s information. Clearly, the more information we have when we do a search, the better it’s going to work.
- We should be focusing on building things that do not exist.
- …It’s important to distinguish between “worry versus harm” when it came to privacy online.
- We chose it because we deal with huge amounts of data. Besides, it sounds really cool.
Larry Page Motivational Quotes
- As a precaution, we’re making machines extremely heavy with very tiny legs.
- Serving our end users is at the heart of what we do and remains our number one priority.
- We are excited about Internet access in general. With better access to the Internet, people do more searches.
- The Star Trek computer doesn’t seem that interesting. They ask it random questions, it thinks for a while. I think we can do better than that.If your access to health care involves your leaving work and driving somewhere and parking and waiting for a long time, that’s not going to promote healthiness.
- It is a tremendous responsibility for us to have all the eyes focused on what we do and give people exactly what they need when they ask for it.
- Over time, it’s becoming more and more understood by people that we’re acting in their interests. And that’s a very, very powerful thing for our brand.
- As devices multiply and usage changes (many users coming online today may never use a desktop machine), it becomes more and more important to ensure that people can access all of their stuff anywhere.