Find Best quotes collection by Joe Louis who is considered to be one of the greatest heavyweights of all time soon after he reserved first place in the list of “100 greatest punchers of all time”.
Joe Louis Popular Quotes
- I done the best I could with what I had
- I hope they’re still making women like my momma. She always told me to do the right thing. She always told me to have pride in myself; she said a good name is better than money.
- You have to be tough and stick it out, or you wind up being nothing.
- You need a lot of different types of people to make the world better.
- If you gotta tell them who you are, you ain’t nobody.
- I made the most of my ability and I did my best with my title.
- Every fighter have a plan until he’s been beaten
Joe Louis Quotes on Boxing
- Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
- I can show you how to box. I can teach you every technique and trick I know, but I can never make you a fighter. That comes from inside, and it’s something no one else can ever give you.
- There is no such thing as a natural boxer. A natural dancer has to practice hard. A natural painter has to paint all the time. Even a natural fool has to work at it.
- When I was boxing I made five million and wound up broke, owing the government a million.
Joe Louis Quotes on Champion
- The one-time cotton picker was now the heavyweight champion of the world.
- A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring, he’s merely recognized in the ring. His “becoming” happens during his daily routine.
Joe Louis Quote on Money
- Money can’t buy happiness, but it does quiet the nerves.
Joe Louis Quote on Death
- Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.