Most Inspiring collection of quotes by Joe Calzaghe who is well known as super-middleweight world champion in history.
Joe Calzaghe Popular Quotes
- There’s no silver spoon treatment in this place.
- To retire at the top of the game, that’s always been my aim.
- If I would’ve fought Andre Ward in my prime, I would’ve beat him.
- Alright, he’s chucking his toys out the basket and Gary Shaw has a big mouth and shouts a lot.
- No secret man. Just starvation, hunger and diet.
- I’m devastated with the injury but I’ve proved my heart and skill to everyone by fighting one handed for eight rounds.
Joe Calzaghe Quotes on Boxing
- I’ve been boxing for 25 years and I need exciting fights.
- Two big punchers, you’ve got to keep your chin down, keep your defense up, don’t be careless or open, box sensibly, control the centre of the ring and when he lets his punches go, believe me he’s gonna know all about it.
Joe Calzaghe Quotes on Fighting
- He’s a sore loser and he lost the fight.
- He’s an old good fighter, he’s an intelligent fighter but I wouldn’t say he’s the best I’ve ever fought.
- I don’t know if I have the patience and I don’t have a trainers license but I will help out. Whether I want to do that full time, I doubt it.
- The lacy fight was a career defining fight.
- I love the big fights. Obviously you can’t fight just for the money but the money is nice.
- The Eubank fight was my hardest fight.
- Lacy was a pleasurable fight. It wasn’t my hardest fight because I won every single minute of every single round.
- My lowest points was getting injured and pulling out of fights.
- If I look at the fighters that are coming through, fighters like Carl Froch for instance, do I worry about fighters like that? Course not, I could eat them for breakfast.
- I honestly think that a Pavlik fight would be easier than Jones because styles make fights. He’s one dimensional, comes in straight lines, I love that.
- [Tyson] Fury is big and [Wladimir] Klitschko’s not used to fighting someone his size. If Fury can stop Klitschko grabbing and avoid that big right hand, he’s got a chance. In the heavyweight division, it only takes one punch.
- He’s gonna try and stand back, mess me about a bit, be cagey and hold on the inside and make it one of them fights that are boring. I don’t wanna make a boring fight. I don’t like to be involved in boring fights!
Joe Calzaghe Quotes on Champion
- I’ve always been motivated to be a champion since the age of 13 and I love being a winner.
- I train the same way as I’ve always trained, even before I was champion. That’s the difference, I train like a challenger.
- It’s not my place to say how good I was because the thing is, every champion from every era is a great fighter and it’s up to one person’s interpretation to who is actually the best.
- I’ve defended my title for eight years, let’s see if Ricky (Hatton) is still champion in four years.
- I feel blessed that I managed to fight 46 fights undefeated, that I was a world champion for 11 years, one of the longest reigning champions of all time and I like to think that I come out looking pretty good.
Joe Calzaghe Famous Quotes
- I keep my feet on the ground, keep dedicated, keep focused, underestimate nobody and obviously you need the ability, talent and everything else that goes with it.
- I’ve been eight years with this beautiful little thing and I’ve got a partner for him now. After eight years of trying to unify the titles, it’s going to be pretty hard to give this up.
- When you know yourself that you’ve come through preparation injury free and you’ve done everything, you’ve done the work in the gym and the rounds of sparring, it fills you with confidence.
- I know Haye’s a good fighter as well and he beat Mormeck but Mormeck is not Enzo Maccarinelli and does not have the speed, stamina or punching power.
- Judging by your performance at the Olympics, it don’t look too bright for your future does it!
- He said he busted me up (Bernard Hopkins). This is a few days after the fight. I got a mark on my nose that was a head butt.
- That gut-wrenching feeling of defeat I can still feel today. Losing and God are the two things that I fear. I fear no man