Find popular quotes by Jake LaMotta who is known today as swarmer and a slugger because of his style of fighting.
Jake LaMotta Quotes on Boxing & Fighting
- I read the Romans had bread and circuses. We had home relief and boxing.
- The three toughest fighters I ever fought were Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Robinson and Sugar Ray Robinson. I fought Sugar so many times, I’m surprised I’m not diabetic.
- You can’t go into the ring and be a nice guy. I would go a month, two months, without having sex. It worked for me because it made me a vicious animal. You can’t fight if you have any compassion or anything like that.
Jake LaMotta Famous Quotes
- There’s no way I’m goin’ down. I don’t go down for nobody.
- In my whole career, I’ve never really gotten hurt. The only ones that really hurt me were my wives.
- I fought Sugar [Ray Robinson] so many times that I’m lucky I didn’t get diabetes
- On the way here this guy steps up to us and says, ‘Would you like to join Jehovah’s Witnesses?’ and Rocky (Graziano) says ‘I didn’t see nuttin!’
- I fought Sugar Ray so many times,I’m surprised I’m not diabetic.
- Besides Bob Satterfield, the only ones who ever hurt me were my ex-wives.