Find quotes collection by successful singer and American songwriter who learned to surf at the age of 5.
Jack Johnson Poplar Quotes
- There were so many fewer questions when stars were still just the holes to heaven…
- Better hope you’re not alone
- I made a lot of mistakes out of the ring, but I never made any in it.
- It seems to me that maybe pretty much always means no. So dont tell me, I might just let it go
- When you move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing. You go with the flow. You don’t stop.
- When I vote for a candidate I always try to learn as much as I can about them, but I guess I focus a lot on environmental issues, and I tend to vote along those lines.
- All caught up in the trends, well the truth began to bend.
- Going far beyond that call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about! And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your very best. In everything! In every way.
- Pretend like it’s the weekend, … We could pretend it all the time.
- The horizon has been defeated by the pirates of the new age.
Jack Johnson Quotes about Music
- Sometimes, the simple messages are the best thing music can do, really. Sometimes, songs can stir people up, motivate them to make change.
- I think that if everybody changed and tried to make their music political, it’d be kind of a bummer.
- I love playing my music and I love sharing the music with people. But at the same time, it is pretty taxing.
- Some music, it’s meant just to make you dance and be able to celebrate and get away from all that kind of thinking. And so, I think it is important if you think your music can do that – to keep doin’ it.
- When I’m playing music I’m usually not thinking of surfing, just because I’m usually thinking about the chords and the lyrics, and sometimes that messes me up ’cause you’ll start thinking, “Wait, how am I doing this?” But when I’m surfing, I’m usually thinking about music – whether it’s an idea for a new song, or just singing a song in my head.
- What I like to do with music is make people feel better. Make people realize that all humans have the same problems, more or less. A lot of people deal with the same thing. A lot of times people think problems are specific to them and they if they hear a song about a problem common to them, they feel good because they know that someone else has gone through it.
- The music brings me confidence and freedom. It’s also the thing that can make me feel the most vulnerable. Once I finish writing all the songs for an album, once I actually record them, that whole process is usually easy and enjoyable. The part where I feel the most vulnerable is when it’s all finished, I can make no more changes, I’ve turned it in, and there’s no going back. All of a sudden I hear the songs in a different way; that’s when I feel vulnerable.
Jack Johnson Quotes about Surfing
- Don’t let your dreams be dreams
- Our dreams are made of real things, like a shoebox full of photographs.Our dreams are made of real things, like a shoebox full of photographs.
- We could park the van and walk to town, find cheapest bottle of wine that we could find. And talk about the road behind, how getting lost is not a waste of time.
- Slow down, everyone. You’re moving too fast.
- What about your mind, does it shine?
- It’s always better when we’re together, somewhere in between together.
Jack Johnson Quotes about Singer
- I never took singing lessons. I guess, I feel comfortable with it, but I do not feel like a singer. I never want to sing without a guitar in my hand. I consider myself more of a songwriter, rather than a singer. I could never be in a wedding band and just sing Marvin Gaye songs.
- I can never tell what’s going to end up being on an album until it’s all finished. I’m reading the news everyday, and sometimes I just have to be away from it. And that ends up writing the songs for me a little bit.
- I finish a lot of lyrics while I’m in the water and it’s always pretty constructive for me to get out in the water. I’m not actually writing the words down, but I have time to think about words, and doing a lot of surfing usually gives me a little space and peace of mind to finish things up.
Jack Johnson Quotes about Love
- You and your heart shouldn’t feel so far apart
- Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart, like Why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it’s so hard? It’s not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving, I’ll tell you one thing, it’s so much better when we’re together.
- Love is when you find that thing, when you want to give more than you want to take. When you find the things that you love the most and you want to give those away, that’s love. It’s when you want somebody to be happier than yourself, but then once you make them happy, it makes you happier.
- If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that’s when you know you really love it.
- Lookin at herself, but wishing she was someone else because the body of the doll that don’t look like hers at all. So she straps it on, she sucks it in, she throws it up and gives a grin.
Jack Johnson Quotes about Family & Friends
- We’re all related. We’re all a family.
- To be part of a community feels really good – to be among people who have similar feelings and want to share thoughts. It’s a nice feeling.
- My friend told me later he got the chicken pox. I told him I caught politics and never got over it.
- Home is wherever we are if there’s love here too
Jack Johnson Quotes about Ocean
- Go to the east shore of any of the Hawaiian Islands, and that’s a pretty big lesson on how much plastic is ending up in the ocean. Basically, the Hawaiian Islands act as a filter out in the middle of the Pacific.
- I have dashed across continents and oceans as a fugitive and have matched my wits with the police and secret agents seeking to deprive me of one of the greatest blessings man can have-liberty.
- Every time I get a chance to be out in the ocean, it’s like hitting a reset button for me where I just feel alive again, in perfect balance. Music can give me that, as well, but not as easily. The ocean is the way I know how to find it almost daily.
Jack Johnson Quotes about Food
- I eat cold eels and think distant thoughts.
- We get to go out into the schools and work with the kids on connecting them to their food at a young age, to actually see where their food is coming from, to see that their food is coming from the earth and not just from a supermarket. Once they make that connection, they can start to build upon that.
- Supporting local food production is so much healthier for people. It’s better for the local economy, and it’s a lot of fun.
Jack Johnson Quotes on Life
- The fight between life and death is to the finish, and death ultimately is the victor . . . I do not deplore the passing of these crude old days.
- The possession of muscular strength and the courage to use it in contests with other men for physical supremacy does not necessarily imply a lack of appreciation for the finer and better things of life.
- Sometimes I’ll write a song. When I’ve gone through something really hard in my life, sometimes it’s other people’s music. Other times it’s actually writing the songs and getting out of mind and into the song.
- It might sound silly to some people, but if anybody wants to spend time to go out and glide on waves, it just feels like they have an appreciation for the joy of life and must be an okay person.
Jack Johnson Motivational Quotes
- He gets his courage from the can, it makes him feel like a man.
- People are lonely, and only animals with fancy shoes.
- It takes a long, hard effort and sustained determination to reduce crime. We will stay the course and we are confident that the numbers will continue to go down.
- I can go for a week without a guitar, but it’s not even funny if I don’t get to surf for a month.
- I think it’s really important with kids just to show them the beauty of nature and teach them a profound respect for nature.
- Fact is only what you believe and fact and fiction work as a team.
- Future complications in the strings between the cans. But no prints can come from fingers, if machines become our hands.
- You need aspiration if you want to really achieve greatness in this world.
- I can change the world with my own two hands
- Getting lost is not a waste of time,
- When I do these interviews, I get really nervous. And when I get nervous, it comes off as mellow for some reason.
- We’ve all got the blood on our hands, we only receive what we demand.
- His dreams are like commercials.
Jack Johnson Inspirational Quotes
- I get nervous when I fly; I’m used to walking with my feet.
- She barely understands her dreams of belly button rings and other kind of things. Symbolic of change, but the thing that is strange, it that the changes occur, and now she’s just a part of the herd.
- Plexi, plexi, bend don’t shatter. Once you’re broken, shape won’t matter.
- Looking at himself, but wishing he was someone else. Because the posters on the wall, they don’t look like him at all.
- Found my foundation it was underneath me all along. On this path I’m on I never walk alone
- I think there’s a really great amount of potential for Hawaii to become an example of what’s possible with renewable energy because there are so many renewable resources here: energy, solar energy, and wind energy. There’s so much potential here.
Jack Johnson Famous Quotes
- Sure, the killer was my son, but I didn’t teach him to pull the trigger of the gun. It’s the killer on this TV screen, you can’t blame me, it’s the images he sees.
- Schedules are impossible to me. I am excited to be on tour, but there are instances when I wish that I wasn’t managed. The shows are fun, but six hour drives burn me out.
- A billion people died on the news tonight.
- Sometimes I just start humming something, find a melody I like a lot, and if it sticks around for a couple days, a few words will lock themselves into place. I might just get the first line. Then words just keep falling into the syllables. The choruses kind of write themselves and verses I have to work at a little bit