Ultimate quotes collection by a famous boxer Ezzard Charles who known as Cincinnati Cobra with his extraordinary skill and ability.
Ezzard Charles Quotes on Champion
- I don’t want to be remembered as a beaten champion.
- To win takes a complete commitment of mind and body. When you can’t make that commitment, they don’t call you a champion anymore.
- What could be better than walking down any street in any city and knowing you’re the heavyweight champion of the world?
- There is no doubt that man is a competitive animal and there is no place where this fact is more obvious than in the ring. There is no second place. Either you win or you lose. When they call you a champion, it’s because you don’t lose. To win takes a complete commitment of mind and body.
Ezzard Charles Quotes on Fight
- The greatness of Marciano in the ring was defined by the way he prepared for a fight, his ability to punch and take a punch.
- I have always adhered to two principles. The first one is to train hard and get in the best possible physical condition. The second is to forget all about the other fellow until you face him in the ring and the bell sounds for the fight.
Ezzard Charles Famous Quotes
- I believe, in my prime, I could have fought with anybody alive.
- I’d be conceited if I said I could, but I’d be lying if I said I couldn’t.
- Why waltz with a guy for 10 rounds if you can knock him out in one?
- I was on my face. I heard the count from one to 10. I kept telling myself that I had to get up, but I couldn’t move. I couldn’t make myself move. It was the strangest feeling.
- Liston is like most big bullies, if you can stay away and make him miss for a few rounds he’ll get frustrated. Once you strip away that feeling of invincibility, he can be had.
- In the ring, I never really knew fear.
- Rocky Marciano stood out in boxing like a rose in a garbage dump.
- Roland La Starza was tough, but Ezzard Charles was the toughest man I ever fought. I learned what pain was all about when I fought him.
- Rocky is a poor Italian boy from a poor Italian family, and he appreciates the buck more than almost anybody. He’s only got two halfway decent purses so far, and it was like a tiger tasting blood