Find the motivational quotes and sayings by a famous political donor , businessman Charles Koch.
Charles Koch Quotes on Business
- I believe my business and non-profit investments are much more beneficial to societal well-being than sending more money to Washington.
- Far too many businesses have been all too eager to lobby for maintaining and increasing subsidies and mandates paid by taxpayers and consumers.
- The role of business is to provide products and services that make people’s lives better – while using fewer resources – and to act lawfully and with integrity.
- Far too many well-connected businesses are feeding at the federal trough. By addressing corporate welfare as well as other forms of welfare, we would add a whole new level of understanding to the notion of entitlement reform.
- The role of business is to provide products and services that make peoples lives better – while using fewer resources – and to act lawfully and with integrity.
- From the beginning of time, business has cozied up to government and gotten restrictions on competition and subsidies and stuff.
- In business, real jobs profitably produce goods and services that people value more highly than their alternatives. Subsidizing inefficient jobs is costly, wastes resources, and weakens our economy.
- The easy way to make money is to get special political privilege. From the beginning of time, business has cozied up to government and gotten restrictions on competition and subsidies and stuff.
- There are now businesses and entire industries that exist solely as a result of federal patronage. Profiting from government instead of earning profits in the economy, such businesses can continue to succeed even if they are squandering resources and making products that people wouldn’t ordinarily buy.
- Most companies want free enterprise in general because that produces better goods and services and makes people’s lives better, but they don’t want it in their business. They want protection from competition, they want subsidies, they want the government to pick winners and losers, and they want to be picked as winners, and that’s what we’re opposing, and that’s what drives my whole efforts in policy, and in the political arena.
Charles Koch Quotes on Politics
- When you start attacking cronyism and people’s political interests, it gets nasty.
- All of our policies are based on whether it will make – enable people to improve their lives or it will make their lives worse.
- We oppose all corporate welfare, whether we benefit or not. You will find that our policy positions mainly hurt our profitability rather than help it.
- When you start attacking cronyism and peoples political interests, it gets nasty.
- The government is largely influenced by people who advocate corporate welfare and advocate these policies that create this two-tiered society.
- But it [crony capitalism] erodes our overall standard of living and stifles entrepreneurs by rewarding the politically favored rather than those who provide what consumers want.
- Crony capitalism is much easier than competing in an open market. But it erodes our overall standard of living and stifles entrepreneurs by rewarding the politically favored rather than those who provide what consumers want.
- Far from trying to rig the system, I have spent decades opposing cronyism and all political favors, including mandates, subsidies and protective tariffs – even when we benefit from them.
Charles Koch Quotes on Society
- A truly free society is based on a vision of respect for people and what they value,
- To do meaningful work is to contribute – to create value in society.
- Any of the social changes in American history are because people thought there was injustice. We have to show that this corporate welfare and cronyism is unjust – and that it’s not only rigging the system so people get wealthy who don’t deserve to get wealthy.
- I studied what principles under-laid peace and prosperity and concluded the only way to achieve societal well-being was through a system of economic freedom.
- To make a quick buck, but over time, if you’re not creating value for others, customers, society, isn’t going to let you be around.
- Societies that don’t embrace freedom wind up with the least prosperity. Venezuela is a country rich in natural resources, yet after just fourteen years under a socialist government, it now rations food, electricity, water, and other staples.
- Citizens who over-rely on their government to do everything not only become dependent on their government, they end up having to do whatever the government demands. In the meantime, their initiative and self-respect are destroyed.
Charles Koch Quotes on Success
- Success is one of the worst enemies of success, because success tends to breed complacency and lack of humility.
- Successful companies create value by providing products or services their customers value more highly than available alternatives. They do this while consuming fewer resources, leaving more resources available to satisfy other needs in society. Value creation involves making people’s lives better. It is contributing to prosperity in society.
- The successful companies try to keep the new entrants down. Now that’s great for a company like ours. We make more money that way because we have less competition and less innovation. But for the country as a whole, it’s horrible.
- Being captive to quarterly earnings isn’t consistent with long-term value creation. This pressure and the short term focus of equity markets make it difficult for a public company to invest for long-term success, and tend to force company leaders to sacrifice long-term results to protect current earnings.
Charles Koch Quotes on People
- People should only profit to the extent they make other peoples lives better.
- You pass a program and get people dependent on it, making it brutal to get rid of. The key is not letting it get started.
- My father wanted to instill the work ethic. And, because he knew if you don’t learn to work to be more productive to improve your efficiency, to cooperate with other people at an early age, you may never learn those habits.
Charles Koch Famous Quotes
- The only way you improve is to try new things.
- I believe that cronyism is nothing more than welfare for the rich and powerful, and should be abolished.
- Relentlessly strive to come up with new and better products and produce them more efficiently than the alternatives.
- The best way to make money is to have more economic freedom, which is why we are one of the very few large companies that are consistently for it.
- We have the best leaders and the most depth of leadership we’ve ever had. If I get hit by a truck, maybe it would get me out of the way and it would go better.
- We try to evaluate how much value an employee is creating here and reward them accordingly.
- Embrace change. Envision what could be, challenge the status quo, and drive creative destruction.
- If you never failed, then you’re probably not doing very much.
- Koch companies employ 60,000 Americans, who make many thousands of products that Americans want and need.
- To end cronyism we must end government’s ability to dole out favors and rig the market.
- The way – the principle way that human beings had gotten out of extreme poverty is free trade.
- I have been a libertarian in my past but now I consider myself a classical liberal.
- Laying the groundwork for smaller, smarter government, especially at the federal level, is going to be tough. But it is essential for getting us back on the path to long-term prosperity.
- Most power is power to coerce somebody. We don’t have the power to coerce anybody.
Charles Koch Popular Quotes
- If there is wrong, you don’t say we have to get rid of it gradually. If injustice exists, you need to eliminate it immediately.
- When everyone gets something for nothing, soon no one will have anything, because no one will be producing anything.
- We must measure what leads to results, not simply what is easy to measure.
- We are on dangerous terrain when government picks winners and losers in the economy by subsidizing favored products and industries.
- Years later, when I asked my father, I said ‘Pop, why were you so much harder on me than my younger brothers?’ he said, son, you plum wore me out.
- I feel a passion for what we’re trying to do.I mean, why does somebody who’s old who’s a writer keep writing? Because that’s who they are.
- Our vision controls the way we think and, therefore, the way we act the vision we have of our jobs determines what we do and the opportunities we see or don’t see.
- It’s not going to help the country to be subsidizing uneconomical forms of energy – whether you call them ‘green,’ ‘renewable’ or whatever. In that case, the cure is worse than the disease.
- To be happy you have to fulfill your nature. That’s what Aristotle taught so many centuries ago, that the road to happiness isn’t to go drink more or consume more. The road to happiness is to fully develop your abilities, and then apply them to do good.
- Do you want to have your feelings hurt a little bit because you have some negative feedback, or do you want to continue down the disastrous track you’re on and have a huge disaster? Talk about a bruised ego. It may ruin your career.
Charles Koch Top Quotes
- A lot of the Republican rhetoric better than the Democrats’. But when they’re in office, it’s pretty much the same thing. It’s serving their supporters, it’s corporate welfare, it’s cronyism which is so destructive, particularly to the disadvantaged.
- The poorest Americans use three time the energy as the percentage of their income as the average American does. This is going to disproportionately hurt the poor. It may make the whole electric grid unstable, depending on how it is enforced. And it does nothing for the climate.
- We strive to hire and retain only those who embrace our MBM® Guiding Principles, which encompass integrity, compliance, value creation, Principled Entrepreneurship, customer focus, knowledge, change, humility, respect and fulfillment.
- Our elected officials would do well to remember that the most prosperous countries are those that allow consumers – not governments – to direct the use of resources. Allowing the government to pick winners and losers hurts almost everyone, especially our poorest citizens.
Charles Koch Quotes on Life
- I don’t want to dedicate my life to getting publicity.
- I want my legacy to be greater freedom, greater prosperity and a better way of life for my family, our employees and all Americans. And I wish the same for every nation on earth.
- Best part of my job is fulfillment. When I see that, that we’re creating value, that we’re helping improve people’s lives, and we benefit from it, so it’s a system of mutual benefit. Our philosophy’s working. That’s what turns me on. That’s what keeps me going.