Best quotes by a great and successful business magnate Carlos Slim Helu who listed as 7th billionaire in Forbes.
Carlos Slim Quote on Money
- Our philosophy is you need to give nonprofit money for health, nutrition, education, culture, and sports.
Carlos Slim Quotes on Success
- When we face our problems, they disappear. So learn from failure and let success be the silent incentive.
- Success is not about doing things well or even very well, or being acknowledged by others. It is not an external opinion, but rather an internal status. It is the harmony between the soul and your emotions, which requires love, family, friendship, authenticity and integrity.
Carlos Slim Quotes on Business
- All businesses make mistakes. The trick is to avoid large ones.
- If you’re in business, you need to understand the environment. You need to have a vision of the future, and you need to know the past
- Profitability is coming from productivity, efficiency, management, austerity, and the way to manage the business.
- I think one of the big errors people are making right now is thinking that old-style businesses will be obsolete, when actually they will be an important part of this new civilization.
Carlos Slim Quotes on Work
- I don’t believe too much in luck. I believe in circumstances. I believe in work.
- Work well done is not only a responsibility to yourselves and society; it is also an emotional need.
- All times are good time for those who know how to work and have the tools to do so.
Carlos Slim Famous Quotes
- When we decide to do something, we do it quickly.
- You cannot have people in your organization who are pessimists. They take you to mediocrity.
Carlos Slim Motivation Quotes
- When you give, do not expect to receive, Fragrance clings to the hand that gives the rose.
- Live the present intensely and fully, do not let the past be a burden, and let the future be an incentive.
- We want as few management layers as possible, so that executives are very close to the operations.
- When we decide to do something, we do it quickly.
- Staying occupied displaces preoccupation and problems, and when we face our problems, they disappear.
- Mistakes are normal and human. Make them small, accept them, correct them, and forget them.
- It’s important to give a better country to your children, but it is more important to give better children to your country.
- Firm and patient optimism always yields its rewards.
- Anyone who is not investing now is missing a tremendous opportunity.
- In this new wave of technology, you can’t do it all yourself, you have to form alliances.
- Focus on essentials and try not to get distracted and bogged down by things that don’t add value to the bottom line.
- I still have my laptop but I haven’t used it. I’m a paper man, not electronic.
Carlos Slim Inspirational Quotes
- It’s not a question of arriving [at a new company] and putting in a whole new administration but instead, arriving and ‘compacting’ things as much as possible, reducing management layers.
- Competition makes you better, always, always makes you better, even if the competitor wins.
- The better off you are, the more responsibility you have for helping others. Just as it’s important to run companies well, with a close eye to the bottom line, you have to use your entrepreneurial experience to make corporate philanthropy effective.
- Maintain austerity in good times to avoid lay offs in bad times.
- When you live for others’ opinions, you are dead. I don’t want to live thinking about how I’ll be remembered.
- If Wal-Mart invests a billion dollars and others invest $100 million, Wal-Mart is going to grow more.
- My parents weren’t artistic, but I was always surrounded by beautiful things. And Mexico is a country which has experienced thousands of years of art and culture.
- I studied engineering in the national university, the Universidad Autonoma, in San Ildefonso.
- The artistic part of us all – I think that the easiest way to appreciate this – is through architecture. Architecture is very impressive; the beauty of buildings, temples.
- We don’t take anything when we pass away, and we need to do with the sense of responsibility.
- The key is the Internet. The United States is by far the most advanced country in this new digital culture, so we have to be there. The Internet is the heart of this new civilization, and telecommunications are the nervous system, or circulatory system.
Carlos Slim Quotes on Family
- In high school, I loved history. I also loved cosmography, algebra. Mexico is so rich in culture and history, and I have always enjoyed that.
- My mother born in Mexico, but was Lebanese in origin. She born 1902 the same year my father arrived to Mexico when he was 14 years old.
- Most people try to make a better world for our children when what they should be doing is making better children for our world.
- Do not allow negative feelings and emotions to control your mind. Emotional harm does not come from others; it is conceived and developed within ourselves.
- Live the present intensely and fully, do not let the past be a burden, and let the future be an incentive. Each person forges his or her own destiny.
Carlos Slim Quotes on Life
- The biggest things in life are not materials.
- Life’s road is very long, but it is traveled fast.
- What is most valuable in life does not cost anything but is very precious.
- You should have more time for you during all of your life – not when you’re 65 and retired
- You want to have a toy and another toy, and that’s not maturity. The biggest things in life are not materials.
- With three work days a week, we would have more time to relax; for quality of life,