Find best collection of quotes by famous business magnate and entrepreneur Bill Gates quotes and sayings.
Bill Gates Popular Quotes
- If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.
- We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.
- Expectations are a form of first-class truth: If people believe it, it’s true.
To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.
- I have been struck again and again by how important measurement is to improving the human condition.
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world … if you do so, you are insulting yourself.
- If I’d had some set idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?
- We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.
Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.
- I don’t know’ has become ‘I don’t know yet’.
- I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.
Bill Gates Quotes about Technology
Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.
- Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don’t think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without talking about the other.
- The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.
It’s easier for our software to compete with Linux when there’s piracy than when there’s not.
- Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day. Much of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It would be funny if it weren’t so irritating.
- I think it’s fair to say that personal computers have become the most empowering tool we’ve ever created. They’re tools of communication, they’re tools of creativity, and they can be shaped by their user.
About three million computers get sold every year in China, but people don’t pay for the software. Someday they will, though. As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They’ll get sort of addicted, and then we’ll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade.
- To create a new standard, it takes something that’s not just a little bit different; it takes something that’s really new and really captures people’s imagination — and the Macintosh, of all the machines I’ve ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard.
- When you want to do your homework, fill out your tax return, or see all the choices for a trip you want to take, you need a full-size screen.
- The great thing about a computer notebook is that no matter how much you stuff into it, it doesn’t get bigger or heavier.
There’s only one trick in software, and that is using a piece of software that’s already been written.
- The advance of technology is based on making it fit in so that you don’t really even notice it, so it’s part of everyday life.
- The Internet will help achieve “friction free capitalism” by putting buyer and seller in direct contact and providing more information to both about each other.
- The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.
- We are not even close to finishing the basic dream of what the PC can be.
- When the PC was launched, people knew it was important.
Bill Gates Quotes about Business
- This is a fantastic time to be entering the business world, because business is going to change more in the next 10 years than it has in the last 50.
In this business, by the time you realize you’re in trouble, it’s too late to save yourself. Unless you’re running scared all the time, you’re gone.
- In business, the idea of measuring what you are doing, picking the measurements that count, like customer satisfaction and performance … you thrive on that.
- A bad strategy will fail no matter how good your information is, and lame execution will stymie a good strategy. If you do enough things poorly, you will go out of business.
- Business people need to shake off the notion that information is hard to get.
Great organizations demand a high level of commitment by the people involved.
- Only a few businesses will succeed by having the lowest price, so most will need a strategy that includes customer services.
Bill Gates Quotes on Success
Bill Gates Quotes about Work
Bill Gates Quotes about Money
- We’ve got to put a lot of money into changing behavior.
- I can understand wanting to have millions of dollars, there’s a certain freedom, meaningful freedom, that comes with that. But once you get much beyond that, I have to tell you, it’s the same hamburger.
Bill Gates Quotes about Education & College
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.
- Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping – they called it opportunity.
- Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they’ll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn’t bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.
Bill Gates Quotes on Innovation
- Never before in history has innovation offered promise of so much to so many in so short a time.
- I believe in innovation and that the way you get innovation is you fund research and you learn the basic facts.
- I believe that every life is valuable. That we can make things better. That innovation is the key to a bright future. That we’re just getting started.
- Microsoft is always two years away from failure.
- Every day were saying, ‘How can we keep this customer happy?’ How can we get ahead in innovation by doing this, because if we don’t, somebody else will.
- Microsoft is not about greed. It’s about innovation and fairness.
- Energy innovation is not a nationalistic game.
- Capitalism has shortfalls. It doesn’t necessarily take care of the poor, and it underfunds innovation, so we have to offset that.
- I believe innovation is the most powerful force for change in the world.
- Innovation is moving at a scarily fast pace.
- Harnessing steam power required many innovations, as William Rosen chronicles in the book ‘The Most Powerful Idea in the World.’
- There is competition, .. Can any Microsoft endure future competition without innovation? The answer is no. We’ve got to keep changing.
- Innovation is a good thing. The human condition – put aside bioterrorism and a few footnotes – is improving because of innovation.
Bill Gates Quotes on Motivation
Capitalism is this wonderful thing that motivates people, it causes wonderful inventions to be done. But in this area of diseases of the world at large, it’s really let us down.
- Customers want high quality at low prices and they want it now.
People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn’t they?
If you show people the problems and you show people the solutions they will be moved to act.
- Don’t make the same decision twice. Spend time and thought to make a solid decision the first time so that you don’t revisit the issue unnecessarily. If you’re too willing to reopen issues, it interferes not only with your execution but also with your motivation to make a decision in the first place. After all, why bother deciding an issue if it isn’t really decided?
- If you show people the problems and you show people the solutions, they will be moved to act.
Bill Gates Quotes on Inspiration
Bill Gates Famous Quotes
- [Intelligence is] an elusive concept. There’s a certain sharpness, an ability to absorb new facts. To walk into a situation, have something explained to you and immediately say, “Well, what about this?” To ask an insightful question. To absorb it in real time. A capacity to remember. To relate to domains that may not seem connected at first. A certain creativity that allows people to be effective.
- Reward worthy failure–experimentation.
Whether it’s Google or Apple or free software, we’ve got some fantastic competitors and it keeps us on our toes.
If you give people tools, [and they use] their natural ability and their curiosity, they will develop things in ways that will surprise you very much beyond what you might have expected.
At Microsoft there are lots of brilliant ideas, but the image is that they all come from the top — I’m afraid that’s not quite right.
In three years, every product my company makes will be obsolete. The only question is whether we will make them obsolete or somebody else will.
We’re responsible for the creation of the PC industry. The whole idea of compatible machines and lots of software.. that’s something we brought to computing. And so it’s a responsibility for us to make sure that things like security don’t get in the way of that dream.
If geek means you’re willing to study things, and if you think science and engineering matter, I plead guilty. If your culture doesn’t like geeks, you are in real trouble.
The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system.
Bill Gates Quotes about Life