Ultimate quotes collection by greatest boxers of his era Alexis Argüello who was known for never loosing any of his world titles in the ring.
Alexis Argüello Popular Quotes
- I have no regrets because I did everything by the book.
- When I was in top shape I’d go to the ring and show my conditioning.
- What helped me was I had people around me to remind me to help my country even when it did me wrong, have respect for my people, my family, my nation and mankind.
- Not many people do at the age of 21 or younger even, know how to act nor could be concerned with anything other than fighting, women and money.
- It was a natural process, because when we go to the ring we are human beings, but once you feel the punches and the competition that’s when the beast comes out and takes hold of us.
- When money comes into play then that’s all it’s about wanting money, who’s making the most who can get the most, me, me me… and in the end it screws up the person and the sport.
- When you won that title you should know now that you are representing a whole country or nation with your actions and you are now in a glass house or under a microscope and you better be ready to make your people proud.
Alexis Argüello Quotes on Boxing
- Boxing gave me the opportunities to grow into the person that I am today.
- I’d say the most memorable thing for me was my dedication and motivation in how I got so involved in boxing.
- Aside from a handful of guys boxing is missing the good trainers, that’s why our sport is so in the air now because we don’t have people who have the capability to not only train fighters but also train and create decent respectable citizens of the world.
- See, I respect boxing because it has given me so much and that’s why I will never allow anyone to mistreat the sport of boxing if I can help it.
- Later in July I’m going to be promoting and putting on a boxing show of amateur fighters from July 21st through the 28th where one hundred kids will be fighting and competing with each other to see who’s going to be the best.
Alexis Argüello Quotes on Fighting
- Fighters with 13 fights are winning world titles, and of course they don’t know how to behave.
- I could do what a lot of people are doing and that’s sign the best Nicaraguan fighters and then sell them to Don King, but there’s no way I’ll do that.
- Of course after the fight you want to make sure that you’re okay and so is the other guy, it’s a brotherhood in there, so you want to make sure everyone is okay after the war is over.
- If you can believe this, I didn’t fight for my first world title fight till I had 58 fights, so I really appreciated what I was fighting for and for whom as well.
- I made a gym, it’s the best gym in Nicaragua, I have kids that this year July 6th through the 11th will be fighting and then will go on to the Central American Games and I’m sure at least one will win a gold medal.
- It’s a lot about the individual and it’s really up to you, how much you dedicate to the fight and how hard you are working and that’s where the outcome will come.
Alexis Argüello Famous Quotes
- I do think the heart can balance out the mind, if your heart is in a good place it can give you the strength to do the right thing and behave the right way and overcome the mind.
- Actually punching is a mistake; a heavy hitter will cut you with one shot.
- I believe more in precision, when you have the capability, like when you see a mosquito fly and you’re able to hit it, you’re able to hit it with a couple of short sharp shots… it’s a beautiful thing.
- I had to get up run in the morning for 2 hours, go to the gym and also get good opponents as sparring partners because I’m a big believer in that how you train is how you will fight at least when it came to me that’s how it worked.
- I’d take precision any day over power; as far as being tactical you know you have to see what’s going on in there and also understand that for every punch that you or your opponent throws there’s always a counter shot or two which you have to be ready to fire or defend.
- I’m doing it, I took responsibility in my country and I’ve done it with my bare hands.
- When you put the interest of a kid on money instead of heart then you’re destroying the beauty of our lives and our thought process, which should be about how much responsibilities you carry as an athlete and a citizen.
- Yes, across the board, these gentlemen understand they have the power to make a difference and even educate people to injustices that are occurring in their worlds.